Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The First Few Days

The first few days of Luke's life were interesting because we were still in the hospital making sure that Stacy was recovering well from the surgery. Luckily I was able to go down and see him as often as I could and wanted to and he was only a short elevator ride away, down on the 2nd floor. Since Stacy's first few days were rough She wasn't able to go down and see him yet.

The first time that I, Stacy, went down to see him didn't go so well.   I  was very anxious to meet my little boy, but because I was still on so much medicine it didn't not work out the way I wanted.  I couldn't  focus on him, I was over heated and felt like I was going to be sick.  Needless to say we left and I would try again tomorrow.

The next day I was finally taken off the medicine that was making me feel out of it.  I started to feel like myself again.  We decided it was time for another trip down to see Luke.  This time he was having some tests done so again I really didn't get to see him.  It was upsetting, but I knew John had been down to see him numerous times and he did such a good job relaying all the news of what was going on with our son.

Later that day we tried again and this time the visit went well.  He looked a lot smaller than I expected, but he was so active kicking his legs around and moving his hands.  At this time he was under the light for jaundice so they had his eyes covered.  During this visit I talked to him and it was amazing how he reacts to our voices.  The neat thing was the nurse said that I could touch him.  So I opened up one of the doors and reached in to touch the bottom of his foot.  It was amazing to feel him and have him push against my hand. John got to feel him for the first time also and even got his first "high five". Luke, being as active as he is, waving his arms and legs reached his arm up and opened up his hand and John gave him a little tap with his finger. We both left there smiling because we were able to see our boy and to see how strong he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment