Saturday, January 9, 2010

Mr. Inquisitive

I was very excited for today's visit because my ear doctor said it would not be a problem to hold Luke.  When we arrived I was very eager for my one on one time with him.  It was kinda chaotic in there because there were several new babies that had been admitted into our pod.  For once, Luke was not the one driving the nurses crazy.   After about an hour I was afraid I wasn't going to get to hold him, but once things calmed down I was given the opportunity.  This time I choose to hold him in my arms so that I could see his cute, starting to get pudgy,  face.  Once the nurse got him out he was very wide eyed and explored his new surroundings outside his isolette.  He also seemed very interested in who was holding him.  He looked up at me several times. 


Once he knew he was safe in my arms he went back to sleep.  I tell you when I am with him I just can't stop smiling.  He is such a beautiful boy, the best of both of us.  I am so proud of him and how strong he has been throughout all of this.  We know that this situation is not the norm, but we are blessed to have this special time with our son.

5 comments:

  1. That's a great picture! He is looking right up at you. I know what he's thinking..."Boy, I have the greatest mommy and daddy in the world!"

    -Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture of mommy and Luke looking at each other! Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture! Too cute!!!
    You need to frame it for your house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful photo capturing a beautiful moment. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so natural and I know it has to feel incredible:)

    Amber

    ReplyDelete