Monday, January 11, 2010

Our Special Time



This morning we called to check up on Luke and his nurse had nothing but good things to say.  She informed us that they went down on the rate and pressure of his vent and  his oxygen level is just above room air.  She also told us that his doctor would like to try and get him off the vent possibly as early as the end of this week.  We were both so shocked by this because we had expected it to be a  few more weeks.  As long as Luke cooperates with his doctors request they may take him off the vent and put him on something called C-pap.  This is like a little mask that will help him to breathe.  It is used on people who have sleep apnea to help them breathe at night.  We are keeping are fingers crossed.

Tonight we went for our visist and he had one of his primary nurses taking care of him.  She let me hold him and this time I chose to do the Kangaroo hold, but I wanted him more on his side so I could see his face too  In order to keep him warm we tucked his head inside my shirt.  





This time I was able to hold him for a long time. He seemed very comfortable on me and I felt even closer to him.  I could see his adorable face and feel his hands and feet moving around. With each day he is getting more and more comfortable with being handled and we know he loves the special time he gets with mommy and daddy.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful!!!!! Stacey you lok wonderful holding Luke. As I keep saying Just keep BELIEVING. I say a prayer every night for the three of you. Keep strong. Love Mrs. L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awh.. i love it!! i look at the blog everyday, it warms my heart. i'm so proud of lucas! he's so strong. and so are you. sending lots of love your way!!

    ReplyDelete